Last updated August 22, 2019
- You are under no obligation to provide personal information to WEGO Health, with the understanding that not doing so may prevent you from accessing parts of the platform.
- You can unsubscribe from email communications by following the directions included at the bottom of every email we send you.
- We urge you to think carefully about what you post on the WEGO Health platform and in the WEGO Health Facebook group. It will be seen by other Patient Leader Network members and may be used by others in ways we can’t control or predict.
- If you mistakenly post personal information in our community areas and would like it removed, you can send an email to request its removal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you would like to delete your WEGO Health account, you can send an email to request its removal at email@example.com.
- Our platform is not intended for children under the age of 13.
Information Collected About You
You are under no obligation to provide personal information, with the caveat that your refusal to do so may prevent you from using certain portions of the Services. If you choose to register or update an existing member profile with WEGO Health or access certain functionality on the WEGO Health Web Sites, you will be required to submit Personal Information. “Personal Information” means contact information, including your name, address, telephone number and email address.
WEGO Health is a data controller for Personal Information provided by you.
Newsletters and Emails. At registration and at various times during your use of WEGO Health Web Sites, you will be given the option of providing us with Personal Information in order to receive recurring informational/promotional newsletters – such as a newsletter relating to a specific health condition – via email from WEGO Health and/or directly from third parties. When you sign up for our email newsletters or at any time, you can choose to opt out of receiving additional promotional newsletters from WEGO Health or our Sponsors. You can unsubscribe from a newsletter by following the directions included at the bottom of the newsletter.
Blogs, Comments and Public Forums. WEGO Health features community areas, comment areas and other public forums where users can contribute information and support one another or where users can post questions for experts to answer. Our communities are open to the public and should not be considered private. Any information (including Personal Information) you share in any online community area including comments or online discussion is, by design, open to the public and is not private. You should think carefully before posting any Personal Information in any public forum. What you post can be seen, disclosed to or collected by third parties and may be used by others in ways we cannot control or predict, including to contact you for unauthorized purposes. As with any public forum on any site, the information you post may also show up in third-party search engines. If you mistakenly post Personal Information in our community areas and would like it removed, you can send us an email to request that we remove it at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personal Information.
Even if you do not register with or provide any Personal Information to WEGO Health, we collect Non-Personal Information about your use of the WEGO Health Web Sites. “Non-Personal Information” means information that we cannot use to identify or contact you. We may also acquire Non-Personal Information about our users from external sources. While you may use some of the functionality of WEGO Health without registration, many of the specific tools and services on the WEGO Health Web Sites require that you register with WEGO Health.
What Choices Do I Have?
Updating or Removing Your Personal Information
Most browser software can be set to reject Cookies. Most browsers offer instructions on how to reset the browser to reject Cookies in the “Help” section of the toolbar. If you reject our Cookies, certain of the functions and conveniences of the WEGO Health Web Sites may not work properly but you do not have to accept our Cookies in order to productively use the WEGO Health Web Sites.
How Information Collected About You Is Used
Information collected by WEGO Health about you is used by WEGO Health to:
- administer your account,
- provide you with access to particular tools and services,
- understand your use of the internet and social media, and to compare your behavior to other members,
- respond to inquiries you send to us and send you administrative communications about the WEGO Health Web Sites or services,
- obtain your feedback about the WEGO Health Web Sites or our offerings,
- statistically analyze user behavior and activity including how frequently areas of the site are visited and how many emails are received and opened,
- provide you with more relevant content or advertising both on the WEGO Health Web Sites or on other web sites that you visit after you leave the WEGO Health Web Sites, and
- conduct research and measurement activities, including those described below.
With Whom Do We Share Your Information?
How Do We Secure and Retain Your Information?
We take reasonable security measures to protect the security of your Personal Information. Despite WEGO Health’s efforts to protect your Personal Information, there is always some risk that an unauthorized third party may find a way around our security systems or that transmission of your information over the Internet may be intercepted. We will retain your Personal Information as long as your account is active or needed to provide you services. We will also retain your Personal Information as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. The WEGO Health Web Sites are not designed or intended to attract children under the age of 13. The WEGO Health Web Sites do not collect Personal Information from any person we actually know is under the age of 13, and to the best of our knowledge the WEGO Health Web Sites comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
Contacting WEGO Health About Your Personal Information or Privacy